Online Training Course
CompTIA A+ Core 1
Domain 1 covers various concepts regarding mobile devices and laptops and the configuration of mobile devices to networks.
- Laptop hardware and components
- Display components of mobile devices
- Accessories and ports of mobile devices
- Mobile-device network connectivity and application support.
Domain 2 covers common networking protocols and concepts, as well as the configuration of small networks, both wired and wireless.
- TCP and UDP ports, protocols, and purposes
- Common networking hardware
- Protocols for wireless networking
- Services provided by networked hosts
- Configure basic wired/wireless small office/home office networks
- Common network configuration
- Internet connection types, network types, and features
- Use networking tools
Domain 3 covers common system hardware and their installation and purposes.
- Cable types and connectors, features, and purposes
- Install appropriate RAM
- Select and install storage devices
- Install and configure motherboards, CPUs, and add-on cards
- Install or replace the appropriate power supply
- Deploy and configure multifunction devices/printers and settings
- Install and replace printer consumables
Domain 4 covers basic cloud computing and client-side virtualization concepts.
- Cloud-computing concepts
- Client-side virtualization
Domain 5 covers basic troubleshooting methodologies for various hardware and network technologies.
- Best practice methodology to resolve problems
- Troubleshoot problems related to motherboards, RAM, CPU, and power
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems with storage drives and RAID arrays
- Troubleshoot video, projector, and display issues
- Troubleshoot common issues with mobile devices
- Troubleshoot and resolve printer issues
- Troubleshoot problems with wired and wireless networks